Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Hanukkah!



Me: "I bought potatoes for our Hanukkah dinner."
Hubby: "Um, Jess- we're not Jewish."
Me: "Yeah, I know that. But I want the kids to know about it."
Hubby: "Again, we're not Jewish. We're Christian."
Me: "Jesus was Jewish, I want the kids to know what Jesus did when he was a kid."

So... here's what I'm making for tomorrow night's Hanukkah dinner:

Potato Latkes
Apple Cinnamon Farfel Kugel
Sufganiot

Now that I'm looking at my menu, it looks more like a dessert menu. Better add in some scrambled eggs and a fruit salad.

We went to the library and I've got a few books on Hanukkah to read to the kids beforehand, too.

Now I just need to pop over to iTunes and download some Adam Sandler songs and we're all set. :)

1 comments:

babyhoot. said...

*update* after reading about Hanukkah, we've learned that Hanukkah happened AFTER Jesus was on Earth; so he didn't ever celebrate it. He did celebrate Passover though.

glad we learned something. glad I didn't buy a menorah. :)