Monday, November 10, 2008

Who Needs a Glock when they've got a Texas Instrument?


Kate Monday and George Frankly

When I was a pre-teen, I LOVED this show on PBS called "Square One". I would get off the bus, grab my afternoon snack and watch 3-2-1 Contact and then Square One. You probably have never heard of either show. Anyways, there was this segment on the show called "Mathnet"- an investigative team called "Mathnetters" that used math to solve problems (a really cheesy knockoff from Dragnet). I remember they would get their calculators out before doing a raid on the bad guys. Pretty cheesy. But I loved it.

Friday night I was watching one of my favorite shows- Numbers. Then I realized it was a grownup version of Mathnet. Solving crimes using math.

Wow. I'm really nerdy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG You have NO idea how much I LOVED Mathnet and especially 3-2-1 Contact! [insert theme music here] "3-2-1 Contact, it's the motion, it's the season... that everything happens! Contact!"

I so wanted to live in that cool lofty place they had when I grew up. In fact I still kind-a wish I had a place like that ;)

Thanks for the memory!
Heather

Amanda Conger said...

I LOVED Square One. Mathnet was my favorite part! : D