With the presidential inauguration about two months away, I found an article online discussing the code names used by the secret service. Some of them are cool (and fitting) code names (such as Rawhide for President Reagan) and some are a bit silly (Richard Nixon went by Searchlight- not very macho!).
It makes me wonder... what would MY code name be? What's a really great code name to have? I bet the Secret Service wouldn't let me be "double-oh-seven". That'd be awesome... ooh, what about "captain awesome"? hee hee.
Here's a list of Presidential code names from wikipedia:
- Dwight Eisenhower - Scorecard or Providence
- Mamie Eisenhower - Springtime
- John F. Kennedy - Lancer
- Lyndon Johnson - Volunteer
- Richard Nixon - Searchlight
- Pat Nixon - Starlight
- Gerald Ford - Pass Key
- Jimmy Carter - Deacon
- Ronald Reagan - Rawhide
- George H. W. Bush - Timberwolf
- Bill Clinton - Eagle
- George W. Bush -Tumbler or Trailblazer
- Barack Obama (President-elect) - Renegade