Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fall To Do List (fun list)


umbrella sculpture in seattle

Rats. It's almost September, and it's been windy, rainy and a bit chilly here in Seattle. That means school's about to start, and summer break is over. Sigh. While it is nice to send SharkBoy back to school (and he's full day now!) I will miss summer. And the sun, since we only see it in July. :)

That means I need to make a list of things we want to do this fall and winter and schedule it on the calendar so it doesn't get over looked. Here's my list so far:

1. Have a sugar cookie decorating party
2. Visit the pumpkin farm with the maze, petting zoo and pumpkin sling shot
3. Go to the nursery with all the Christmas trees and live reindeer (and kid crafts galore) in Seattle
4. make an autumn themed wreath with the kids, collecting leaves and twigs on a nature walk


I realize every year I forget to plant sunflowers and strawberries until it's too late. I will need to look up when to start that project and get it on the '09 calendar now.

3 comments:

always sunny said...

i wish i lived at your house.

babyhoot. said...

I wish you and your family lived next door to my house. :)

Jennifer said...

Where is that nursery in Seattle at Chrsitmas time?