Monday, September 22, 2008

A Bum's Breakfast-for-Dinner... fit for a king!



Mmm. Tonight we felt like bums, so we were just going to have breakfast for dinner, nothing fancy. I wanted to try a new banana (bread) muffin recipe, and it was soooo yummy! We ended up making a pretty darn good dinner for wanting to just whip something up. I made scrambled eggs and didn't scramble them in the pan, so I could cut out small circles and put them on mini bagels topped with sharp cheddar and bacon. Then I thought, "hey, I should see if making a hollandaise sauce is hard!" So I pulled out my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook, found the recipe, and six minutes later we had homemade hollandaise sauce to put on our sandwiches. (it wasn't all that great, but I've never had it before so I don't know if I made it wrong or if it's supposed to taste like that.)

Those, plus our muffins and some fresh strawberries made for one tasty breakfast-for-dinner meal!

1 comments:

LeaKarts said...

Mmmm....now I want breakfast for dinner!