Broccoli Tortellini SaladI know, the ingredient list is kinda odd but they taste great together! This is another one of my secret weapon recipes; I whip it out when I need a stellar potluck dish that doesn't have to stay warm. (I use my handy dandy Pampered Chef Chilzanne Bowl)
- 6 slices bacon
- 20 ounces fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 heads fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, tortellini, bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds and red onion. Pour dressing over salad, and toss.