Every woman should have a handful of tried and true; quick and easy recipes that made it seem like you are an exquisite chef that spent all day in the kitchen. One for dessert, one for a main dish, one for a potluck, one for BBQ. This recipe for chocolate cake is one of my secret weapon recipes. It's a bundt cake, so there's no frosting involved; just swirl some raspberry sauce on the dessert plate before placing a slice of cake on it, top with a few fresh raspberries if you can. The ingredients alone can clog your arteries like no other, so I only bake this when there's a big group coming over and there won't be any leftovers.
Well, until now. Today I just want some chocolate cake. I better get rid of the rest of it tomorrow. Any takers?!
JESSICA'S SECRET WEAPON CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (I just do vanilla extract)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in sour cream, melted butter, eggs and almond extract. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Don't cut the 4 minutes short, you need the full amount of time to add in air. Blend in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.