Friday, May 2, 2008

But No Elephants!



This was one of my (many) favorite books as a kid. I love how Grandma Tildy's house was so cute, and how she stayed so stubborn about not letting the cold elephant in her house.
My mom kept about ten of the books I loved as a kid for me in my keepsake box, and now my kids read them (and think it's
so special that I was their age when I read the same book!) Mouse Soup, Frog and Toad, Caps for Sale... all classic favorites that I still have.


The other day while taking Sweet Pea in for her four year old checkup, we saw they had 'But No Elephants' in the waiting room! I don't think I've ever seen that book somewhere else. She thought it was pretty cool to find Mommy's favorite book there. :)

So I want to know- what was YOUR favorite children's books growing up? Leave a comment, it would be so fun to see what everyone loved.

2 comments:

Joy De Vivre Design said...

I was and am still to this day a Disney freak! Mine was always Cinderella.

Heather said...

I remember my sister had 'But no Elephants', she was elephant crazy. I went nutso for Dr. Seuss. Now, all those books are on my daughters bookshelf and it makes me SO happy :)

great post!