Friday, April 18, 2008

"Mwahahaha!" Mom.

Every parent knows it's not easy to get kids to wash their hands after going to the bathroom, wiping their nose, or getting ready for dinner. I was tired of nagging. I was becoming the "go wash your hands" robot mom. It wasn't fun for any of us.

Sometimes a mom has to make the decision- is this a battle I'm willing to fight for? Unfortunately, yes; hand washing it's very important so it was time to bust out the creativity and find a better, more fun solution.

So the whole family trekked to Bath & Body Works and smelled all the scented hand soap, everybody picked out their favorites. Then I put two, yes, that's right- TWO bottles of soap in each bathroom. They soaps are different scents. Now, the kids wash their hands and the grown ups have to guess which soap they used. It's fun to see their glee when they get us. Sometimes the kids even try to get tricky and use BOTH soaps.

But think about it... who's really the tricky one here?! Mwahahaha! MEEEE!

And I've never had to nag at the kids about washing up again. Really.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Love this idea -- I will definitely try it. I hate being the hand washing police. Thanks!

Amanda Conger said...

Lol! Brilliant! : )