Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Dinner

I try to be a fun mom, and try to do fun things for the "small" holidays such as Arbor Day and St. Patrick's Day. (by "small" I don't mean less important, I just mean don't-get-the-day-off-from-work-and-meet-with-family "small")
Well, we've done corned beef and cabbage
(no thanks) and we've tried corned beef and hash (again, no thanks) and I'm starting to run out of ideas for a fun dinner for St. Patrick's Day.

Then I turned to my trusty Family Fun Magazine online, and found a few fun ideas!


POT OF GOLD JELLO
I love the idea of using a cored-out lime as the pot! so cute.


SHAMROCK TOASTIES
if only my kids (and myself) liked green peppers...



CLEVER CLOVER CUPCAKES
you won't believe how to make them "clover" shaped- so clever!



3 comments:

always sunny said...

i love lemon jello, that is such a cute idea. i hate corned beef as well. so i need other option like these.

Jennifer said...

We LOVE Corned beef and cabbage. Did you not like the flavor? Have a bad recipe?

babyhoot. said...

Jen- got any leftovers from St. Patricks Day? I'm willing to give corned beef and cabbage one more shot... and I KNOW Tyler cooks it perfectly!