Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time to Pee?



I've potty trained two children and I still don't feel like I have all the answers- mainly because each kid is different and the potty training methods will need to be different! What worked for one of my children might not work for the other- I need to think this through and see how to make my now two year old the most successful. I'm not even sure if Sunshine is ready to potty train!

I found this quiz and thought it was helpful- maybe you'd like it too!

  1. I can tell by watching that my child is wetting or filling his diaper:
    a. Never.
    b. Sometimes.
    c. Usually.
  2. My toddler's diaper needs to be changed:
    a. Frequently, every hour or two.
    b. It varies.
    c. Every two to three hours -- sometimes less frequently.
  3. My child understands the meaning of wet, dry, clean, wash, sit, and go:
    a. No.
    b. Some of them.
    c. Yes.
  4. When my child communicates her needs, she:
    a. Says or signs a few basic words and I guess the rest.
    b. Gets her essential points across to me.
    c. Has a good vocabulary and talks to me in sentences.
  5. If I give my child a simple direction, such as, "Put this in the toy box," she:
    a. Doesn't understand or doesn't follow directions.
    b. Will do it if I coach or help her.
    c. Understands me and does it.
  6. My child can take his pants off and put them on:
  7. a. No.
    b. With help he can.
    c. Yes.
  8. When I read a book to my child, he:
    a. He ignores me.
    b. Sometimes listens, sometimes wanders off.
    c. Sits, listens and enjoys the story.
  9. My toddler wants to do things “all by myself”:
    a. Never.
    b. Sometimes.
    c. All the time!
  10. I think that it's the right time to begin potty training:
    a. No.
    b. I'm undecided.
    c. Yes.
Total the number of responses for each letter:
a. __________
b. __________
c. __________


go HERE to read the results of the quiz- and GOOD LUCK!

0 comments: