I've potty trained two children and I still don't feel like I have all the answers- mainly because each kid is different and the potty training methods will need to be different! What worked for one of my children might not work for the other- I need to think this through and see how to make my now two year old the most successful. I'm not even sure if Sunshine is ready to potty train!
I found this quiz and thought it was helpful- maybe you'd like it too!
- I can tell by watching that my child is wetting or filling his diaper:
- My toddler's diaper needs to be changed:
a. Frequently, every hour or two.
b. It varies.
c. Every two to three hours -- sometimes less frequently.
- My child understands the meaning of wet, dry, clean, wash, sit, and go:
b. Some of them.
- When my child communicates her needs, she:
a. Says or signs a few basic words and I guess the rest.
b. Gets her essential points across to me.
c. Has a good vocabulary and talks to me in sentences.
- If I give my child a simple direction, such as, "Put this in the toy box," she:
a. Doesn't understand or doesn't follow directions.
b. Will do it if I coach or help her.
c. Understands me and does it.
- My child can take his pants off and put them on:
- When I read a book to my child, he:
a. He ignores me.
b. Sometimes listens, sometimes wanders off.
c. Sits, listens and enjoys the story.
- My toddler wants to do things “all by myself”:
c. All the time!
- I think that it's the right time to begin potty training:
b. I'm undecided.
b. With help he can.
go HERE to read the results of the quiz- and GOOD LUCK!