Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Love Actually is Actually Good


this is one of my husband's and my favorite "nontraditional Christmas-y" movie. It's got a great message (or two, or three... or ten) and the opening airport scene is one of my favorites. Hugh Grant is doing a voiceover commenting how people arriving at the airport are just focused on their loved ones, and that the messages left by the people who died on the airplanes from 9/11 left messages of love, not hate.
This movie also has some of the funniest, most non-sexual, sexual nudity ever. Probably the only nude scenes I'd be somewhat comfortable watching while sitting next to my mother; although I'd rather not nonetheless.
Anyways, it starts out a bit slow but it's a great movie and if you're a sucker for accents like me, it doesn't matter what they say as long as it's in that sweet English accent. If you have a chance,go rent Love Actually!

1 comments:

Sweetest Petula said...

On the day you wrote this post, I kept seeing references to this movie. They were everywhere! On-line, twitter, customers, tv, etc....so I had to rent* it.

My favorite part is the very beginning, where Hugh Grant is the narrator and talks about how love is actually all around us. How when the world trade centers were hit, all the calls out were messages of love. It makes me cry everytime.

*It came on tv, a few hours after I rented it!