Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good Enough for Company!


I didn't think about taking a pic of my fancy breakfast until after we finished cleaning the kitchen. I found this picture elsewhere- just wanna give credit where it's due. :)


Saturday morning I made a pretty impressive breakfast without much effort. How does this sound- Pumpkin Pancakes with butter pecan syrup, topped with chopped pecans and a dollop of pumpkin spice whipped cream. Mmm... and it was really easy!

Add a few teaspoons of pumpkin spice (or make your own- nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, etc) and 1/2 cup pumpkin puree to your pancake batter. (I like the "just add water" Krusteaz mix) I found Butter Pecan syrup next to the maple syrup at the grocery store. For the pumpkin spice whipped cream, I didn't have any real whipping cream, so I added a few pinches of the pumpkin spice to Cool Whip, whisked it up real good, and voila- a fancy breakfast without much effort!

0 comments: