Monday, September 15, 2008

What's in a name?!


Growing up, there were a lot of girls named Jessica everywhere I went. In my class at school, on my soccer team, at my church. In fact, not only did my name tag for my desk say "Jessica K." to distinguish between the two almost every year, but there was one year there were TWO Jessica K.'s on my soccer team. I believe I went by "Big Jessica" (why couldn't it had been "Tall Jessica" ?!) When we went to name our own children, it was important to me that we didn't give them one of the most popular names for that year. It's just not fun! OK, I'm done whining now.

On the Social Security Administration site, there is a cool chart with the top five names for both girls and boys for each state for 2007. It's pretty interesting- and if you're planning on naming your children Isabella, Madison, Emily, Ava, William, Jacob or Michael; be prepared to have more than one in their class. You can also see what were the most popular names for the year YOU were born too! (sorry, the charts only go through 1960.)

0 comments: