Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fantasy Football anyone?!


That's right, I love football. Last year, I played in an online Fantasy Football league for the first time. I had no idea what I was doing (kinda joined by accident... let's just sum it up by saying I was trying to learn more about how they play FF and I ended up not just registering for the website, but for a team as well.) It was fun, and I learned a lot. I am competitive (just a wee bit) and mistakenly put my own name out there- and since I've never met a man named Jessica and the rest of the FF league-ers haven't either, they all knew I was a girl. And so I was determined to beat a bunch of boys. (one of them tried to ask me if I'd trade Reggie Bush for nobody. Seriously, just "give" him to the other guy. Um... yeah NO, I'm not that stupid!)

I ended up in the middle- I got fifth place out of twelve; so I was quite happy I made half the players lose to a girl. (and if you were one of them and reading this now: Mwahahahaha! on you!)

I wanna play again this year.

And, I thought, "wouldn't it be kinda fun to have an Etsy fantasy football league?" So I've been trying to find nine other etsians that wanna play. It's free, there's no prize money involved, and I think it's something fun to do while your hubby is going to be watching the games anyways. If we have enough for a team, I'll set something up on espn.com for us all to play on. I've got one seller interested, so we just need eight more players!

So, if you're interested or know somebody who might be- send 'em my way! And remember, the season starts in less than a month so we've gotta get going on this right away!


my little secret from last year... knew he'd have potential and gave me a ton of points towards the end of the season. Thanks Nate!

1 comments:

10nekk@ said...

Yipee! I'm SOOOOO excited (as you can see). Let me know if you need any help with the setup!