Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Be Green


Happy Earth Day!

So, I'm not a tree-hugger and Al Gore is NOT my idol; but I do think we should all do our part to keep what God has given us.
In honor of Earth Day, here are the three "green" things I've been trying to make into habits, and three "green" things that I will start doing today.

Things we're already trying to do:
use only florescent light bulbs
buy local foods (less travel to deliver means less energy used)
unplug appliances in the kitchen when not in use; turn computer off instead of sleep mode

My new green habits:
wash ALL clothes on cold water
use re-usable bags at the grocery store
turn off the car while waiting in line at the drive thru

You know that song by Kermit the Frog- "It's Not That Easy... Bein' Green"? Well, I disagree Kermie- it IS easy to be green! I didn't pick really complicated goals, I picked three things that are practical and realistic for our lifestyle.

What are your green habits? Post 'em here!

1 comments:

MommyJamie said...

we clean with vinegar, baking soda, tea tree oil and water mostly, wash our clothes in cold water, consume less, buy used, partake in a farm share and things we want to do more of are use reuseable grocery bags and start a compost bin!